It's Time to Renew Your 2018 Membership
Don't forget to renew your membership for 2018, if you haven't already. Complete this Membership/Renewal Form and mail to Olde Meck, P.O. Box 32453, Charlotte, NC 28232-2453.
Click the Image below to see Louise Nottingham discuss the benefits of Members Only and login instructions:
Membership includes more benefits than ever before.
- 15% off all publications.
- Our excellent monthly Messenger and Quarterly journal.
- Videos of past monthly programs.
- A treasure trove of genealogy books in PDF format.
- The entire collection of past Quarterlies starting in 1983.
Renew now to continue to receive your publications and member benefits!
Note to Members: A small issue has recently transpired with our PO box and some of you who have sent in your renewals may have had your mail returned. We apologize for the inconvenience. It is suggested you re-forward your renewal around 26 January. We should receive it after that and will update your membership at that time. Please feel free to write us at email@example.com with any questions.
Another NEW Monthly Meeting Location!
Due to continued construction at Aldersgate, our monthly meetings have moved. We are now meeting in the Activity Center at the NEW Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center. There are two ways to enter the Aldersgate complex and go to the new meeting location. See the directions and map below or download Meeting Location Directions.
Note – The Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center is located behind the Fellowship Hall (where we used to meet) and adjoining buildings.
(1) Enter from Shamrock Rock Dr
- You will come into the guard gate as usual.
- Continue on Willard Farrow Dr all the way to Cole Dr as if going to our old location at the Fellowship Hall.
- Instead of turning left into the old parking lot, keep straight on Cole Dr and then turn to the left on Bishops Way Ln.
- Continue down the hill and you will see the new Asbury Heath and Rehabilitation Center straight ahead on the right side of the road.
(2) Enter from Eastway Dr
- This is a new entrance Aldersgate has recently opened. Located off Eastway Dr, shortly before Shamrock Dr, it comes in at the back of the Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- After you pass the guard gate, take a left in the parking lot and make your way around to the front of the building.
Aldersgate would like us to park in either of the two side parking lots and leave the spaces in front of the entrance for families of residents. You will enter the building through the gabled entrance at the bottom of the parking lot. Once inside, the Activity Center is straight ahead, slightly to the left, past the main lobby.
Family Showcase - George Houston Moore
Shown here are Houston Moore and Mariah McCrary Moore, the Great Grandparents of Olde Meck member, Lou Jean Moore Johnson. Houston and Mariah raised their family in the mountains of Transylvania County in the late 1800’s. Lou Jean has provided some fascinating pictures that show the George Houston Moore family of the 1890’s, and her Grandfather and Father in the mid-1900’s. To see these pictures and more info on the George Houston Moore family, click here
RootsTech is a global family history event where people of all ages learn to discover, share and celebrate their family connections across generations through technology. At RootsTech, there is something for everyone, no matter your experience in family history or ...
African American Genealogy and DNA
Spartanburg County (SC) Public Libraries is offering a two-day workshop focusing on beginning genealogy, African American Genealogy Research, and using DNA to trace your family tree. The event will feature internationally known genealogist, author and consultant, Tony Burroughs, and local ...
The Scots-Irish Migration into North America
Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG®, presents: The Scots-Irish Migration into North America Click here to Register. ABOUT THE PRESENTATION Many Americans can trace their ancestry back to the British Isles. Some have even heard that their background was “Scotch-Irish”. We ...
Monthly Meeting- Online Library Resources
For our March meeting librarian Robert Stocker from the Carolina Room of the Mecklenburg Public Library will share with us the many online resources available for genealogists through the library system.
Monthly Meeting - DNA
Join us to hear Louise Nottingham explain new ways to use the results of your DNA testing to find your family. Louise will use her own experiences to outline a method she has devised to make sense of those sometimes ...