Family Stories Writing Group Workshop
The Olde Meck Writing Group has gotten off to a great start!
Do you want to preserve your family stories for future generations but don't know where to start? Come to the Olde Meck Family Research Center on Thursday afternoons (12:00 noon to 2:00 pm) and join with others who have the same goal. We'll share our stories, provide constructive comments, and generally encourage each other to begin this worthwhile process that we've all been putting off.
This group is free for all Olde Meck members AND you can bring a friend. No RSVP is needed. Please come any Thursday you can.
What to bring:
- Memoir writers: pictures of yourself at various ages
- Ancestor writers: clippings or timeline or pictures of your taret ancestor
- Feel free to bring a brown bag lunch for yourself!
We Need Your Feedback
Olde Meck members, we need your feedback on the new benefits we have added for members. Help us make our Society the best it can be! Do you like the new content and the way it's presented? Is there something else you'd like to see? Please take some time to sign in to the Members Login section and let us know what you think. Then drop us an email at email@example.com.
Click the Image below to see Louise Nottingham discuss the benefits of Members Only and login instructions:
Membership includes more benefits than ever before.
- 15% off all publications.
- Our excellent monthly Messenger and Quarterly journal.
- Videos of past monthly programs.
- A treasure trove of genealogy books in PDF format.
- The entire collection of past Quarterlies starting in 1983.
Another NEW Monthly Meeting Location!
Due to continued construction at Aldersgate, our monthly meetings have moved. We are now meeting in the Activity Center at the NEW Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center. There are two ways to enter the Aldersgate complex and go to the new meeting location. See the directions and map below or download Meeting Location Directions.
Note – The Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center is located behind the Fellowship Hall (where we used to meet) and adjoining buildings.
(1) Enter from Shamrock Rock Dr
- You will come into the guard gate as usual.
- Continue on Willard Farrow Dr all the way to Cole Dr as if going to our old location at the Fellowship Hall.
- Instead of turning left into the old parking lot, keep straight on Cole Dr and then turn to the left on Bishops Way Ln.
- Continue down the hill and you will see the new Asbury Heath and Rehabilitation Center straight ahead on the right side of the road.
(2) Enter from Eastway Dr
- This is a new entrance Aldersgate has recently opened. Located off Eastway Dr, shortly before Shamrock Dr, it comes in at the back of the Asbury Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- After you pass the guard gate, take a left in the parking lot and make your way around to the front of the building.
Aldersgate would like us to park in either of the two side parking lots and leave the spaces in front of the entrance for families of residents. You will enter the building through the gabled entrance at the bottom of the parking lot. Once inside, the Activity Center is straight ahead, slightly to the left, past the main lobby.
Family Showcase - George Houston Moore
Shown here are Houston Moore and Mariah McCrary Moore, the Great Grandparents of Olde Meck member, Lou Jean Moore Johnson. Houston and Mariah raised their family in the mountains of Transylvania County in the late 1800’s. Lou Jean has provided some fascinating pictures that show the George Houston Moore family of the 1890’s, and her Grandfather and Father in the mid-1900’s. To see these pictures and more info on the George Houston Moore family, click here